Having an active lifestyle while also being a working parent can be difficult to say the least. Many parents find it hard to find the time and motivation to stick with their workout regime when working the typical 9-5. Though it is a challenge, it is possible to fit in exercise amongst a busy workday with a few lifestyle changes. Here are 5 ways to achieve a healthy and fit lifestyle while also being a working parent.
1. As most companies offer a full hour lunch break, this is a great time to get some exercise into your day. Whether you choose to use this time at the gym or just go for a walk close to your workplace, taking advantage of your lunch hour is a great way to
switch up your day and give yourself a mental break for a bit.
2. It can be easy to lose your motivation if you’re doing the same workouts day after day. A fun way to keep yourself interested is to mix up your workouts and not limit yourself to only the gym. With warmer weather soon on its way, there will be all kinds of ways to
be physically active, including biking, walking/running in state parks, etc.
3. One of the easiest and most helpful things you can do to stick with an active lifestyle is to always have a prepared gym bag with you. Whether you leave a bag in your office or in your car, this makes a world of a difference in sticking with your fitness goals. If you’re planning on going straight from the gym to work, make sure you have packed all the appropriate clothing such as a pair of trousers, a work appropriate shirt, a pair of fresh socks and all the necessary toiletries.
4. If you’re a parent who prefers going to the gym in the evening, a great thing to do is to take your children to the gym with you. There are many benefits to bringing your children to the gym. Not only is this a great way for you to get your exercise in but it also
teaches your children the importance of having an active lifestyle.
5. Having a workout partner is a great way to not only keep yourself
motivated but it also allows you to have someone that can hold you accountable for sticking with your fitness goals. You can commonly find a gym partner in a co-worker, a close friend or your significant other. Having a workout partner is also a great way to
try some fun partner exercises.
How do you fit in fitness when being a working parent? Please share in the comments below. I really would love to know.
Until next time, shine amongst the stars!
‘This post may contain affiliate links’
If you like what you have read, make sure you don’t miss a single article!