People on a keto or low-carb diet will shift to incorporate more plant-based foods and look for alternative sources of healthy fats.
- They are shifting away from heavy meat consumption to incorporate more plant-based foods into their meals such as; nuts, seeds, leafy greens, pumpkin/sunflower seeds, berries, zucchini, cauliflower, and eggs (for non-vegans).
- More are turning to individual organic nut medley packs as a great way to portion control a quick source of healthy fats. Keep a variety in your bag, at your desk or in your car for a quick snack.
Acai Bowl gets a Makeover: Teens love to post photos of their smoothie bowls and creative toppings. But the high levels of sugar in the bowls is causing many to reformulate the traditional bowl to incorporate greens, animal/vegan collagen, and Blue Majik a blue-green algae supplement into the base and keep toppings to natural almond butter, pistachios, unsweetened coconut, flax/hemp seeds and dried fruit or fresh berries.
Look for an explosion of plant-based products made from ingredients beyond the traditional soy and corn.
- Companies like JUST created products like vegan mayo, cookie dough and recently launched vegan egg product that is catching a lot of buzz. They are currently working on a lab-grown meat.
- Look for the next generation of veggie burgers. Companies are looking for the alternative, natural ingredients such as plantains (Luhv) and pea proteins (Beyond Meat) that are gluten and soy-free. The veggie burger from Beyond meat uses beet juice to “bleed”, mimicking a traditional beef burger.
- Pea protein “milk” and “creamer” products from Ripple provide consumers with the texture and flavor of real dairy. These products are gaining popularity in vegan and non-vegan consumers alike.
- Even pasta is getting a reboot with the explosion of gluten-free quinoa, chickpea, and lentil pasta now on the market.
CBD-infused foods: With the rise in the use of CBD oil products on the market, don’t be surprised when you start to see CBD-infused foods in products such as baked goods in your specialty market. Many are encouraging local bakeries and cafes to start incorporating CBD into their food products similar to the trend of adding meat or herbs such as bacon or lavender into cookies!
Eating Cannabidiol (CBD) through delicious edibles such as gummy bears can be a pleasurable way to reap its benefits. It’s a good idea to know the gummies edible dosage chart by weight. When establishing an appropriate initial dose, a good rule of thumb is to take 1-5 mg for every 10 pounds of body weight.
What are your thoughts? Please share in the comments below. I really would love to know.
Until next time, shine amongst the stars!
‘This post may contain affiliate links’
Guest Post by Marissa Costonis
Whether you want to use blogging to earn a full-time income or as a side hustle, you can do this.
I believe in YOU, and I am here to help you succeed.
Sign up today! It’s time to live your dream.
Complete Guide to Make Money Blogging for only
($10, … WOW 95% Off for a limited time).
40 thoughts on “Healthy Food Trends to Watch for in 2019”